Sunday, December 11, 2011

Week 16, easy peasy...

Week 16 was an easy week with a bit more swimming than I was expecting and a longggg bike ride to finish it up today. I had three days of back to back swims, that got really monotonous and I was happy on the last day that there would be no more for the rest of the week. I also had three days of back to back running, that really got the legs tight by the last day and I as it was a recovery 30 minute easy run, I decided to go with a run/walk so my calves wouldn't have a chance to cramp up. Today I had planned for a 2hr cycling session on the trainer, I wasn't able to get the whole workout in but I did get almost the whole way, 1hr 45min was my total time, at a 17mph pace. That needs to increase to about 19mph before race day.

Below is this past weeks workouts.
Mon:
Swim- Speed Day
w.u. 1x200
main 4x100, 200, 200, 100
c.d. 3x75 focusing on form

Tue:
Bike
60 minutes, hills
Swim
30min recovery swim, so slow and easy taking breaks as needed.

Wed:
Swim
w.u. 200
main 1x1100
c.d. 4x25 back kick/stroke

Thurs:
Run
60 minutes (this kicked my ass for some reason)
Bike
30min recovery spin, very easy effort.

Fri:
Run
30 minute recover (I did a run/walk to rest my legs)

Sat:
Recovery/Rest day.

Sun:
Bike
2hr at a 65-85% effort (I was only able to get through 1hr 45min before my legs wore out)

New Orleans Awaits...


No comments:

Post a Comment