Sunday, November 27, 2011

A restful Thanksgiving weekend and another week of training.

Hope everyone had a great thanksgiving, I for one slept more hours each day than I can ever remember doing before, it was glorious. Training went as planned, it was a bit dialed down because of the holiday and my sleeping schedule, next week I will be hitting it hard and ramping it up. As you can probably guess I did not stay completely on schedule but came pretty close. Below is last weeks workouts.
Mon:
R: 40 min. Speed work
S: 2x25 warm up, 2x500 main, 2x25 cool down

Tues:
R: 30 min
B: 60 min

Wed:
S: 1x100 warm up, 9x100 main (worked on form), 2x25 back kick cool down

Thurs:
Fun Run 5-K, ran with Riley, Joe, and Ashley.
(Was planning on a second workout but decided to be lazy)

Fri:
B: 45min just under a 85% heart rate (basically just under a cardio rate)
R: 10 min slowly immediately after the bike

Sat:
Rest Day

Sun:
B: 60 min (set up my trainer at home and kept it at a moderate pace throughout)

Thats it for this week, as I said it was an easy week and full of rest. Next week will be filled with much harder runs where I will be trying to up my speed through stride training. Strides are short efforts (20seconds) but are not "run hard". Basically its accelerating slowly throughout than bursting with a sprint. Its like intervals without the stress on the joints.

Goals for this week are to dial in my swim form (this is going to be a weekly goal for some time I think), get a bit more rest so I hit the gym fresh each morning, and start creating my training music list.

No comments:

Post a Comment