Sunday, November 6, 2011

Week 1 Recap

Week one is down and out, I rediscovered my love of swimming, the runs went well and the cycling, well, the cycling was done at the gym as its already colder than a witches tit here in northern Utah.

Here is my Week 1 workout rundown:

Monday:
Run: 40 minutes easy pace
Swim:
Warm up 4x25 crawl
Main Set 2x200 crawl
Cool Down 4x25 crawl/back kick 

Tuesday:
Run: 30 minutes easy pace
Bike: 60 minutes easy pace

Wednesday:
Swim
Warm up 4x25 every other a back kick
Main Set 3x200 Crawl
Cool Down 4x25 easy, every other a back kick

Thursday:
Run 60 minutes, long run, easy pace

Friday:
Swim-Speed Day
Warm up 4x25 crawl
Main Set 4x100 race pace crawl
Cool Down 4x25 each slower than the last

Bike:
30 minutes easy

Saturday:
Off day but went for an easy swim, 300 yrds

Sunday
Off Day, went river fishing, so easy walk and fly fishing.

All in all it went very well. I remembered how much I enjoyed swimming. The quiet time alone with nothing to worry about other than counting, breathing and the blue line really relaxed me and made the rest of my body recover from the runs much faster. On my long run I cramped up and had to walk for five minutes but was okay to continue at my normal pace after that. I need to find a good yoga class.

This weeks goals were, just get used to the sleep schedule and be ready to do it again next week. This was a little harder than I anticipated, I had a hard time getting to sleep and by the fourth day I was beat. This upcoming week will be more of the same, gettting used to the new routine and just getting the workouts done.

No comments:

Post a Comment